Thursday, October 1, 2009

Woohoo!

Monday and Tuesday I spent at a friend's house, sewing. I'm not a quick seamstress, so it took me two days to only make a jumper and a skirt. Ah, but! I learned how to make an invisible zipper, how to put in binding around the neck and armholes, and how to make your own pattern for a skirt.

The jumper is denim; the skirt is brown corduroy. I really need to take pics so you can see. Being really dark fabric, though, I doubt you'll see much. Mostly I want to show off the detail of the jumper. I know this sounds boastful, but I did a really good job. It looks so very good, and I really thought I'd mess it up horribly. I'm discovering that I can actually do this stuff!

I've always said I'm not domestic - I don't enjoy cooking, cleaning, or sewing. I like homeschooling, and I love spending time with the kids. But here I am, starting to look pretty domestic, lol. I've started grinding my own flour, making homemade bread, sewing clothes for the kids here and there... I even made flannel crib sheets last year with no pattern. Of course, it turned out super simple, but I was pleased that I did it myself.

Funny how things go.

1 comment: