Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My girl was an actress for a day!

I signed my oldest up for an art class in a neighboring town. They were to learn how to paper mache, make puppets and props, and then perform some small plays for the parents at the end of the week. They chose "Hansel and Gretel" and "The Gingerbread Man."

I'm really tight on how much of my children I show online, but since she was the fox in "The Gingerbread Man" and wore a mask, I can post a couple pics!

Ahhh! Beware the one-eyed fox! Actually, a bit of a "wardrobe malfunction" when her hair kept falling down into her eyes under the mask.


Her entrance into the play - she was cute and funny, eliciting a lot of giggles from the crowd. And no, that is not me in the background.


Talking to the gingerbread man.


Eating the gingerbread man!


I loved watching her do it all. She was so very cute and blossomed quite well. She is normally a very shy child, and even cried the first two days when I dropped her off. But the teachers said she never acted shy once she got in there. And certainly when it came time to do the play, she wasn't shy at all! I was so proud!


1 comment: