Thursday, July 23, 2009

New piece of furniture

As homeschoolers, we need lots and lots of storage space. What we had been using was a sad little black shelf unit my husband had used in college. It was made of pressed wood and had definitely done well considering, but was looking rather pitiful. It only had two shelves, and each shelf was only about 2 feet long.

So I went to a fabulous little store in the area; they sell solid wood furniture at super prices. It is so much cheaper than a furniture showroom, because it comes unstained. BUT I pay them to stain it, which only adds about $100 to the cost. You can't beat that! So I got this solid oak shelving unit for a mere few hundred dollars. Yes, it's true!


Obviously, I've put stuff on every shelf, but do you see how much room is unused? I'm so happy! This piece will serve us very well!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome. When we finish the room in the basement, I hope to get something similar. I need to take a picture of my homeschooling cabinet. It certainly holds a lot of stuff, but I like that yours is a good height to use the top of it for stuff, too.

    BTW, we have the same Melissa and Doug clock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you inspired me. I got a post up about my cabinet on my blog.

    ReplyDelete