Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Laundromats and Realtors

What do these two have in common? I dunno - but I'm blogging about both in one post. *snicker*

Today was errand day... we hit the laundromat (to wash two sleeping bags we used on the retreat, as our washer can't quite handle them), the post office (Candi, I mailed those clothes back to you today - thanks again!), my uncle's mechanic shop (to pay him for fixing the battery, remember?), and the storage unit. Oh, I have to tell you what I did there, too? Ok, fine. I dropped off the baby carrier I'd used at the retreat. It's one of those you use for hiking or camping. Anyhoo.

While we were at the laundromat, we had a blast. I didn't know that was possible. We ate a quick lunch in there while the bags were washing, then we played. And went a bit nuts. But hey, no one was in the laundromat, and my kids needed to get some energy out. So, we had races. Really. I pushed the baby in the stroller as fast as I could in my straight denim skirt I'm wearing today, and the other three ran and s-c-r-e-a-m-e-d. I might have, too. (Shhh, don't tell. If there was a hidden camera somewhere, I hope it didn't have sound!)

We also did playdough on cookie sheets - it really works well! You don't have leave any mess behind for anyone else to get on their clothes when they fold them on the table.

At first, I felt guilty going out for errands. I kept thinking... what if a realtor calls? What if I miss an important call? Well, that is what my answering machine is for, right? So I put that little bugger to good use... and came back to 3 calls. None of which were emergencies, or I assume so because no one had an audible stroke while leaving their message. I don't know why I do that to myself. And no, I don't have a cell phone. I would like a trac phone (is that what they are called?) for emergencies when I'm away from the house, but that number would not ever be given out except to immediate family. I used to have a cell phone years ago, but found it was more money than it was worth at the time.

Anyway. Laundromats and Realtors.

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to wish you "luck" on this house hunting adventure! The internet is wonderful for this kind of thing. Hope to hear some good news very soon! :>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melanie. Yes, the internet IS wonderful for this, otherwise, I would feel it nigh to impossible to accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to wish you a happy mother's day!

    ReplyDelete